Check Out The Real Castle From ‘Downton Abbey’February 21, 2012 No Comments
Its main character – the manor – is a real castle in Berkshire that functions pretty much like the fictional household of the aristocratic Crawley family depicted in the show.
The Highclere Castle, where the series is filmed, is not a museum.
It is the breathtaking home of Lord and Lady Carnarvon. Their furniture and art is also featured throughout the series. The Carnarvons also enjoy a large household staff that maintains the castle in impeccable shape just like the staff of Downton Abbey does.
- Maria Menounos Says ‘I’m Genetically Blessed’ After Baring Bikini Body In Times Square
- Celebrities Reveal Their Valentine’s Day Plans
- Watch This: NBC Releases The First Seven Minutes Of New Series ‘Awake’
Incoming search terms:
- highclere castle square footage (188)
- Square Footage of Highclere Castle (57)
- Highclere Castle square feet (26)
- how many square feet is highclere castle (20)